UPSTREAM BPO WEBSITE PRIVACY NOTICE
We at Upstream BPO (MSC) Sdn Bhd (Company No 597426-H) (“we”, “us”, “our” or ” UPSTREAM BPO” as the context requires) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
“data user” is UPSTREAM BPO and/or any of UPSTREAM BPO subsidiaries, agents or servants from time to time.
“sensitive personal data” means any personal data consisting of information as to the physical or mental health or condition of a data subject, his political opinions, his religious beliefs or other beliefs of a similar nature, the commission or alleged commission by him of any offence or any other personal data as the Minister may determine by order published in the Gazette;
“website” includes www.upstream.com.my or any other website, feed or phone application operated by us from time to time.
- Information which we collect about you,
- We may collect and process the following information about you:
- Information which you provide to us from any of the input areas within the website including recruitment information.
- Information which you provide to us by any other means including (without limitation) telephone, Email, bank account details, fax or post.
iii. We may collect information about you from third parties that we work with for the purposes of delivering to you the services that you request from us. For example, we may engage third parties for recruitment management or website analysis and further information requests systems; these entities will collect information directly from you on our behalf.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- How we use your personal information
- We use personal information held about you in the following ways:
- to process your employment application, this may include sharing your information with partner organisations in connection with the recruitment process;
- to allow you to participate in any interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
iii. to notify you about changes to our service.
- to ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- to keep you informed (with your consent) by electronic means, or other means, of information about specific funding, sponsorship opportunities or services and products that we think may be of interest to you.
- to provide you (unless you object) with other general information.
- UPSTREAM BPO or their authorized representatives, partners or subsidiaries will take all reasonable precautions to protect the security of your data however we cannot be liable to you for any loss or damage suffered by you as a result of an unauthorised third party having accessed your information.
- Where you use our website, we may invite you to participate in surveys intended to assist us in the development of our services. Whilst your views will be welcome to us, there is no obligation for you to respond. You will be given details of the purpose of the survey and the parties who will undertake it.
- UPSTREAM BPO will cooperate, where it is required to do so, with enquiries from authorities which demonstrate a legal requirement for access to information about you. These include, but are not limited to: Malaysian and International Police Forces, the Malaysian Department of Immigration and any other bona fide investigators on behalf of other agencies pursuing a lawful enquiry.
- Communicating with you
- The information we collect from you in connection with any employment application may include (without limitation) your name; postal and email address; and telephone numbers, both home and mobile, identity card or passport details, medical information and education and immigration information.
- You may contact us by any of the methods set out on our contact us page of the website. If you have any questions about our use of your personal data, please write to the Data Protection Officer, UPSTREAM BPO, 4807-3-15 CBD Perdana 2, Persiran Flora, Cyberjaya Malaysia 63000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Commercial mailings from UPSTREAM BPO
- UPSTREAM BPO does not use your personal data for any other purpose other than that set out in Clause 2.1.
- IP addresses, cookies and links
- We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify you as an individual.
- The website may contain links that make it easy for you to visit other websites. UPSTREAM BPO does not have any control over these websites. Therefore, if you use these links to leave UPSTREAM BPO and visit websites operated by third parties, UPSTREAM BPO cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information that you provide whilst visiting these websites.
- You are right to ask to see the information we hold about you
- You may request for us to provide you with details of personal information that we hold about you. If you want to make a request for this information you should write to UPSTREAM BPO at the address given in section 3.2 above. There may be a small charge incurred in accordance with the Regulations made under the Personal Data Protection Act 2010.
- If you request us to do so we will consider making changes to the information that we hold about you. We will change certain limited information that we hold about you where you tell us it is incorrect.
- Data Retention and Security
- Safeguarding the privacy of your data is important to us, whether you interact with us personally, by phone, mail, over the internet or other electronic medium. We hold personal data in a combination of secure computer storage facilities, paper-based files and other records. We take steps to protect the personal data we hold from misuse, loss, unauthorized access, modification or disclosure.
We may need to maintain records for a significant period of time. However, when we consider the data is no longer required for the purpose that is being retained, we will remove any details that will identify you or we will securely destroy the records.